SERRAL IS WCS CHALLENGER CHAMPION
Serral 4-2 Elazer
Serral 3-1 Lambo
Serral 3-0 Namshar
WCS Montreal will take place in early September, but before we can set our sights on it, let’s take a look at the Challenger EU Qualifier! As usual, players qualified from it will earn free travel and a spot in the 3rd Group Stage in the main tournament! This is a clear advantage since while others will have to go through two Group Stages, the already qualified players are able to rest and practice.
Serral has won the two previous WCS Challengers, so we expect it will be smooth sailing for him this time too. There still are multiple formidabble opponents in his group. He is matched against a player from each race uThermal, Harstem and Denver. Group B matches are going to be played on August 12, 2018 – 16:00 CEST, and streamed live on the StarCraft Twitch Channel.
- From August 11, 2018 – 16:00 CEST to August 19 2018 – 16:00 CEST
- Double-elimination group stage.
- All matches are best-of-three.
- Top 8 advance to the final Playoffs.
- August 25, 2018 – 14:00 CEST
- Single-elimination playoffs.
- All matches are best-of-five, except for the Finals, which will be best-of-seven.
- Top 4 advance to the Main Event.
1st: $1,600 and 200 WCS Circuit Points
2nd: $1,200 and 140 WCS Circuit Points
3rd-4th: $800 and 90 WCS Circuit Points